Role: Embedded Software Engineer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as Embedded Software Engineer help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us and
• As an embedded software developer with us you would be responsible to take over existing projects for feature development and maintenance.
• You would be working with a team of software and hardware developers collaborating globally with complete ownership of bringing up hardware, writing drivers and test firmware, and delivering prototypes.
• We adopt model-based design techniques whenever applicable and you will be responsible for code-generation, testing and integration with system.
• In God we trust, others must automate. You will be responsible for automating tests and setting up integration test frameworks.
We make real what matters
We are looking for 7+ years of professional experience
- C/C++ is a must. We'd love to hear about your exposure to and talents in modern C++ and object oriented programming concepts.
- Tools: You have an experience with build tools such as CMake, have used unit-testing frameworks, and can make sense of test coverage reports.
- RTOS know-how: You have an extensive working experience with any RTOS or Embedded Linux platform. Code-generation and model-based design is an invaluable skill that you must highlight.
- Automation: You are using Python and scripting languages to automate tests like drivers and connectivity with a hardware boards. You can hack your way into automating an oscilloscope, etc.
- Hardware development: We'd prefer an experience with EDA tools, handling tests and measurement equipment, reworking PCBs, etc.
- Collaboration: We all collaborate over Git and GitLab. It is good to know about your experience with these tools.
- Life at Siemens fosters openness and collaboration. You have a good command over English and are able to effectively discuss technical content with collaborators globally.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time