Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Create a Workflow to integrate a component into a Patch Process
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Creating a secure, trackable steps which could be monitored externally, like Inventory information, patch upload portal, Installation and Verification, Error Reporting
- Support Containerization (Container Config Ports, Volumes, Change Management)
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders
- Performing regular technical coordination / review with stake holders and ensuring timely reporting and escalations if any.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Do you have 5 - 8 years’ Experience in managing IT infrastructure, defining, and implementing DevOps solutions, and working with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery systems
- Experience in working with container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven work experience as a System Administrator is preferred.
- Experience with databases, patch management, and networks including LAN and WAN
- Responsible to play the roles of SysOps/DevOps, connecting both the domains for an integrated environment
- Responsible for setting up, managing the IT infrastructure and its integrations with different tool chains
- As a key enabler for all development teams to leverage the provided development, testing, and operations infrastructure
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting and monitoring tools such as ELK, Grafana, Splunk, etc...
- Has hands-on experience (at least 2 Years) working on Linux, Windows Server
- Strong hands-on experience with Shell/Python/Ansible scripting
- Experience with GitLab, Jira is a must
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time