Production Manager (Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Operations) - Yunex
Do you want to help grow a market leading company at the forefront of digitalisation in a changing market?
YUNEX is the market leading road technology business in the UK, formally known as Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. YUNEX UK is part of a Global YUNEX Traffic business and the UK organisation is an end-to-end business with manufacturing, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales in country, hence building positive relationships with partners across the business and globally is key to the business working well. The market is changing driven by both technology and changes in the public-sector customer base, so this is an exciting period for the industry where close long-term partnerships with customers is crucial together with the ability to innovate not only our technology but also our commercial offering.
We are looking for a Production Manager for our printed circuit board operations. This role reports directly to the Head of Global Manufacturing and is a critical role in delivering our business results.
What are my responsibilities?
· Lead the PCB team in delivering on all the operational targets. Define and monitor appropriate KPIs and improvement targets together with management and function heads.
- Drive the lean deployment programme and continuous improvement culture across the team.
- Provide leadership, development and coaching of the PCB team, ensuring that we develop our employees’ careers effectively.
- Building the strategic and annual operating plans for PCB operations.
- Work cross functionally to ensure that results are delivered with a “one team” mentality.
- Represent the product line from a technical and customer facing perspective.
- New business development both within the Traffic business and externally.
- Lead the seamless introduction of NPI projects in PCB.
- Customer experience is a key focus for us – ensuring we offer the best possible quality and delivery performance to our end customer is key to our continued success.
- Focus on improving lead times across the value streams and reducing inventory.
- Ensuring the team and processes can react quickly to external challenges and disruptions.
- Stay up to speed with latest industry best practice and technology and ensure we are at the leading edge of the electronic industry.
- Continuously improve operations and supporting processes, develop this mindset throughout the PCB team, engaging with the business and across functions to identify meaningful opportunities for improving business efficiency within PCB.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the manufacturing team, and act as a conduit between manufacturing and other business functions, interpreting business issues, and objectives strategies, to ensure communication is effective at all levels.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Operations management experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Experienced Lean practitioner.
- High level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Batchelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant discipline would be an advantage.
- Has proven experience of managing at all levels of manufacturing management, Possesses a comprehensive understanding of material management, technical and process techniques.
- Leadership skills by managing larger teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions with the ability to drive decision making within a matrix organisation and influencing within a global team structure
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal; adept at creating and delivering presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Excellent organisational skills; proactive management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Negotiation and strong persuasive abilities, diplomacy, networking and positive influencing skills.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time