Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Right now Siemens are; helping to power a whole country, finding ways to prevent malaria, making cities smarter, developing renewable energy, designing 3D robots, transporting people all over the world and even helping NASA explore Mars.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing, and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey.
Here at Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
As a IT Management apprentice, you will be working towards gaining the Skills, Knowledge and occupational Competence to show you are capable of:
Managing associated tools (admin/setup etonducting regular review of tools/process to ensure fit for purpose and current technology.
- Work on the SA Framework for Environments
- Manage associated environment licencing/tracking
- Follow detailed test plan for the work to be completed.
- Recording tests/checks of signalling equipment.
Via both ‘on the job’ learning and ‘at college’ study, you will also be trained to:
- Manage technical environment requests
- Hold environment review sessions
- Capture, plan and deploy fixes to the processes for environment management
- Produce policy/process documentation
- Produce support documentation in conjunction with IT & Dev teams (Checklist, Build Guides, Best Practice, Connectivity mapping)
- Produce proposals for changes to the existing environment management processes
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbally
- You have an interest in the railway
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above in a IT related discipline.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a competitive salary at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Environment management. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: MG Ireland ltd, UK Branch
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time