At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are seeking a Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst to join our scrum team in building our next generation global online store platform. If you are passionate about quality and enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment, we’d love to talk to you.
Design and execute test cases to validate functionality being created during agile sprints. Write functional test cases to be included in an automated regression suite. Improve test specifications by analyzing the root causes of technical issues and develop testing solutions for those root causes. Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing. Acquire customer inputs for project testing purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in scrum development team to ensure continuous quality of deliverables in each sprint
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for user stories
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and conduct testing activities
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to elevate business strategies into the users' online experience
• Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
• Work with development team to clearly communicate defects and steps to reproduce for rapid resolution
• Write test code for automated testing tools in various languages
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
• +5 years of experience in software quality assurance including functional test automation of web applications from a user experience perspective
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
• Experience using an agile approach to software development
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Must be able to write a test approach/strategy
• Experience in software usability principles and interface and functional design
• Strong analytical skil s, technical aptitude, & written/verbal communication skills
• Strong focus on user experience and simple design solutions
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Strong understanding of web application testing, including cross-browser concerns and responsive design
• Collaborate well with developers to advocate the user’s perspective
• Understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools
• Programming ability sufficient to write functional test code in automation testing tools
• Strong understanding of customer usage models for e-commerce and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests.
• Experience working on e-commerce websites and/or landing page conversion and optimization is desirable
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Experience writing Selenium WebDriver tests and executing them in multiple browsers and on multiple platforms is strongly preferred.
• Experience writing JUnit and/or TestNG test code in Java for test automation
• Experience supporting developers in writing functional test automation code
• Experience validating quality of stories in two-week development sprints
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.