Infrastructure is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Sr.
Sales Applications Engineer to support our Electrical Services Sales Force.
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Sales Applications Engineer is to complete
sales estimates and engineer complex systems for the sales team including
project take-offs, specification interpretation and associated
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Accurately estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams.
- Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams.
- With sales, operations and project managers, completes site walk throughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards.
- Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy.
- Values projects by product and installation and creates scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software.
- Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed.
- Provides subcontractor bid packages & assistance by evaluating customer site system requirements and accurate job estimates.
- Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible.
- Maintains all job folders.
- Act as external liaison for owners, general contractors, sub-contractors and trades people as needed.
- Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees.
- Works with vendors to design and price systems.
- Stays abreast of and educate others on new product and/or service information
- Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and vendor product information.
- Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/vendor costs.
- Maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Technology preferred; however a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years technical background in pre-sales, estimating, and design of electrical services and solutions required.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to train others on product applications.
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point. Senior: Expert knowledge and broad engineering understanding of power distribution systems and services.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.