Siemens Mobility is an independently managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever newer projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
The ECAD (CAE) team delivers solutions to our users and ensures expert support for all electrical engineering applications, auxiliary applications and related interfaces in operation at Siemens Mobility.
Continuous monitoring of processes, target-oriented and fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
We are looking for a Senior IT Operations Professional to support our IT operations for our electrical CAD environment, who will, with her/his enthusiasm and work experience, take over the task, to support our business partners on their way to become a digital company.
Your new field of work - challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for operating and maintaining (L2 support) of our system environment for CAD applications like COMOS ET, E3.series and ELCAD within Siemens Mobility.
- You will contribute to an ITIL based service, in which you will be in close contact with our business partners, other IT departments, developers and service providers. Therefore, you will autonomously negotiate changes, rollouts and other activities which are necessary for keeping our ECAD environment up and running.
- You will be working together with our infrastructure team, which is responsible for Microsoft Windows Servers, Microsoft SQL databases as well as the underlaying network components.
- You will monitor, optimize and upgrade our Microsoft SQL databases.
- Within our team, you will take care of all operational aspects of our ECAD service while also taking care of continual service improvements.
- You will be maintaining our knowledge databases including end-user documentation and test, approve and implement new functionalities.
Your qualifications - well-founded and adequate
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- You have experience in running an ITIL based service. During your career you have gained knowledge in daily IT business with a focus on service management and consulting in the context of CAE environments.
- Profound knowledge in Microsoft SQL Servers environments.
- Good scripting knowledge (Unix Bash, PowerShell).
- Knowledge in development environments (e.g. VBS, .NET, TSQL) are preferable.
- Good understanding of web and cloud (e.g. AWS) technologies.
- With your communication and presentation skills, you can present technical issues in a clear and comprehensible way.
- You also possess skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical use cases, user stories and workflows.
- You are willing to join several weeks of training in Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are welcome to join us in our team!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time