Head of Facilities and Maintenance – Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare?
Come and join our world leading team in MRI development and manufacturing as our Head of Facilities and Maintenance. This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the business. As part of our long-term business strategy, we are currently evaluating the opportunity to build a new world-class purpose-built facility in Oxfordshire. If approved, you will play a key role in the successful planning, build and operational performance of the site.
As Head of Facilities and Maintenance you will provide strategic direction and expertise to the facilities and maintenance teams on all aspects of an efficient and modern facility. You will work closely with the senior leadership team, business functions, building consultants and architects to create and develop the production facility master plan, incorporating factory of the future and industry 4.0 philosophies.
In addition, you will develop and implement best in class methodologies across our Eynsham facility.
Your mission and responsibilities will include
- Develop plans to achieve business results, both operational and financial (aligned to annual budgets). Ensuring that team objectives & goals are aligned to the MT strategic themes, overarched by the Healthineers Performance System.
- Planning of facilities and maintenance infrastructure for new facility build – Work with senior leadership team, global steering committee, project board, real estate, business leads, architects and building consultants to ensure facility successfully meets the needs of the business.
- Identify and implement new technology and digitalisation – work with Digitalisation Manager to investigate and implement digital tools that optimise maintenance and facility operations.
- Energy management – Developing plans for the management and reduction of energy usage across Eynsham and defining our energy strategy for new facility in line with legislative requirements.
- Develop site maintenance strategy Implement world class maintenance strategy across both facilities ensuring maximum plant uptime to deliver Siemens Healthineers Magnet Technology product portfolio in line with customer demand, at the best possible quality and cost.
- Contract management Negotiates, procures and contract management of facility service providers including catering, security, cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- Collaboration with Supply Chain Manufacturing Works closely with process engineering and manufacturing teams to specify, select, commission and maintain new CAPEX equipment.
- Development of team Provide strategic direction and expertise to the Maintenance and Facilities teams on all aspects of world class and forward-thinking Maintenance / Facilities Management service. Developing, leading and motivating the Facilities and Maintenance Management team through clear vision to deliver an excellent service.
Benefits of this role
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
We’re an international business with the purpose to improve quality of life by enabling care providers to offer affordable care to an ever-growing population. We’re one of the global leaders in our field. Our superconducting magnets are at the heart of MRI systems globally. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What are we looking for?
- Expertise in providing strategic direction and expertise to Maintenance and Facilities teams within a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of modern best practices across Facilities and Maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people at all levels in a large complex business.
- Able to make informed decisions from analysis of complex information. Can organise thoughts in a logical and coherent manner. Draws valid conclusions. Selects appropriate information. Lead and coach others in constructive debate.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field; member of relevant professional body such as IWFM, BIFM
About us and what we can offer
At our Oxford site we have a flexible working environment, we offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution), bonus, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover, enhanced maternity / paternity leave and flexible working.
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and strong commuter links to the surrounding area but also plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities in one of the prettiest areas in the UK.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time