ITS Regional Sales Manager - South West
Does working for an award-winning company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility interest you? Then come and join us in Siemens Mobility Intelligent traffic systems (ITS) we offer all of this and more!
We are the UK's leading supplier of highways management solutions and traffic signals and control equipment. Over the last decade we have seen many changes in our traditional UK market that are being motivated by both political and financial pressures. In addition to traditional customers in the public sector, there is a growing business being conducted via Civil Construction companies. Developing robust working relationships with customers in this field is key to ensure we are well placed to both protect our market share and deliver growth in the coming years. To meet the new market challenges Siemens has been developing new innovation for the traffic signal portfolio with the planned introduction of the revolutionary and ground-breaking Plus+ traffic signal architecture and solution.
In this position you'll use your technical and specific ITS industry knowledge along with interpersonal and selling skills to provide advice and support to customers on the range of Siemens ITS traffic control and signal products in order to achieve defined sales (orders) targets. You will seek out new clients and opportunities and develop long term relationships with existing clients, by managing and interpreting their requirements. The Regional Sales Manager will assist colleagues with traffic signal and equipment bids and tenders, including strategic Traffic Signal Maintenance tenders, by providing customer insight, win strategies and customer specific technical requirements.
You would be a key point of contact for customers (predominantly Local Authority and associated Service Providers, including Civil Contractors) and provides both pre and after-sales advice. You will need to be flexible as frequent, extensive and unsupervised travel and working will be part of this role, with regular liaison and negotiation with customers and sub-contractors at both customer premises and road-side/construction site locations. The role also requires attendance at industry bodies and events, marketing road-shows and close liaison with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, including Tendering, Field Services, and Delivery and Product Lifecycle Managers.
The role requires a good understanding and working knowledge of technical sales and contract management approaches in a B2B environment and a good understanding of the ITS Business’ markets and customers.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to the Senior Regional Sales Manager, the Regional Sales manager will work closely with the Tendering team, Field Service and Delivery teams. The Regional Sales Manager – Intelligent Traffic Systems, will have the following key responsibilities:
- Successful achievement of associated (orders) targets, ensure work is secured in the most profitable manner (achieving margin targets) through the identification of new clients and product opportunities and the development of long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Develop sustainable account plans and sales strategies for the next 1-2 years.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements and persuading customers that Siemens ITS systems and services best satisfy their needs.
- Manage and provide customer quotations, assist with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical and customer requirement perspective.
- Help influence and negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Provide monthly reports and sales forecasts in the agreed format and maintain all customer activity in the favoured CRM tool.
- Make technical presentations and support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- To work within, and across, functions to ensure an effective and efficient sales process, proposing areas for improvement where possible.
- To ensure requirements and competitive product knowledge is captured and provided to Product Management as appropriate to allow appropriate Product Offerings to be developed. Support Product Management in the development of business cases and business models.
- To be conversant with the complete Siemens ITS portfolio of traffic products and systems and that of relevant competitors.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- A combination of persuasiveness and adaptability, coupled with a technical, financial and commercial understanding.
- A pro-active, confident approach with proven communication, presentation and networking skills in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Driving license
- It is preferred that the successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in a technical or business administration field and technical sales experience will be a distinct advantage.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time