Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.Purpose of the role
The Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for creating and promoting Embedded Analytics (EA) solutions using the Tessent Embedded Analytics products to support customer systems’ characteristics and requirements.
The SA works closely with an outstanding, worldwide, interdisciplinary team of specialists, dedicated to open communication and revenue growth. This team spans the functions of product development/engineering, marketing, and sales.The Responsibilities
- Serves as the “technical face” of EA in early customer/prospect engagements
- Has an in-depth technical understanding of EA products (both HW and SW) as well as the product roadmap
- Understands our customers’ use-cases
- Can use our products to solve the customers’ use-case needs, and proactively suggest ways to generate additional value
- Builds long term value for the customer and Siemens EDA by “optimizing” the revenue generated from each deal
- Contributes to the product roadmap
- Educates and supports sales teams and sales management
- Will present in conferences and on panels
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; advanced technical degree and/or an MBA desired.
- Should have a strong technical background, have designed SoCs from concept, through architecture to implementation and deployment.
- Previous Experience as a Systems Architect is preferable
- Should be proficient in systems’ software and hardware and understand their behaviors and interactions
- Should be able to relate and understand the customers’ challenges and problems – and provide solutions using EA products.
- Should understand the vision of In-life Analytics and be able to promote it.
- Technical Skills:
- SoC and System Architecture
- System Performance and tradeoffs
- Understanding modern SoC design flow.
- Understanding of Embedded SW (in the context of eSDK)
- Languages: Python, C/C++ (desirable)
- OS: Linux, Containers (dockers, Kubernetes – desirable for addressing massive/scalable SW deployment)
- Knowledge of database (SQL, other) desirable
- Understanding of security protocols, the concept of key exchanges, etc.
- Travel: The scope of this role is global and requires the candidate to be capable of international travel. Typical travel required: 30% - 40%.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time