Deal Desk Analyst
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
The Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for providing support to the sales organization on complex deal structures. This critical role is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue, and other cross functional teams on deal structuring and commercial terms for non-standard transactions. This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison to the field sales organization for all deals. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Deal Desk
Complex deal structures are usually followed by non-standard contracts. The deal desk acts as a single source of truth for all such contracts, pricing, quotes, proposals, discounts, and approvals. The results you deliver are beautiful: short cycle deals that are well structured, standardized, and compliant with regulations such as ASC 606!
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is able to work autonomously and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment in which they can exceed expectations through personal drive. You should be passionate about cross-functional collaboration and be hungry for a challenge.
- Be the trusted advisor to the sales team, collaborating on pricing, product, and commercial terms for standard and non-standard transactions
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point when needed to help move deals forward
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as the primary liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal process
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales team
- Partner with sales / legal / finance to resolve complex contract issues and develop solutions in compliance with business practices and policies
- Utilize SFDC, ensuring Quotes and Order Forms are approved within pricing and discount policies, duly executed and filed
- 3 years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role
- 1 year of Software/SaaS industry experience
- Experience working with revenue recognition principles and US GAAP
- CPQ tool experience
- Understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
- Result driven and organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.