Target and responsibility of the function
The DI MC LVM is a global business segment with headquarter function in China and focus on low voltage motor business.
The intention of product portfolio management in general is to form a future proof, sustainable and profitable product portfolio.
The fight against global warming is one of the focus topics of the 21first century. Electrical Motors are the number one energy consumer in the world. Efficient Motor/Drive combinations are becoming more and more importance in the future to significantly save energy across all applications. SIEMENS offers well aligned Motor and Drive products to support their customers to achieve their emission and energy saving targets.
Your responsibility is to identify future requirements coming from customers as well as standards and regulations for motor/drive systems. New technical developments will be consideration in product portfolio roadmaps for Motor/Drive Systems. We offer well aligned drives systems with best fitting in our customer application. It is part of your function to implement these specific requirements in the low voltage motor projects. Our global teams working strongly together to benefit from synergies and to provide products with the functionality and quality as our customer expect.
Tasks of the function
1) Determination and collection of market and customer requirements as well as business potential, and if necessary, generation of product ideas, observing competition (market analysis).
2) Development of product and system decisions in cooperation with System Technology department
Elaboration of strategies for product families and determination of R&D plans.
3) Wording, structuring and evaluation (prioritization) of product requirements and definition of product steps (synthesis of market requirements in product specification).
4) Estimation of product quantities in pieces and proposal of a list price structure based on the complete product portfolio and considering the competitors.
5) Coordination with Controlling and Development while product development.
6) Observing product spectrum and product specific business numbers, and if required, deviation management to achieve business goals (number of pieces, profitability, system complexity).
7) Cooperation in planning of market launches measures and coordination with Marketing.
8) Sales supporting measures during marketing phase, including piloting, technical presentations, composing technical essays, sales support for selected customers.
9) Phase out Management of products.
10) Contribution to working measures
to effect increases in productivity rates
(3i, KVP, process improvement / optimization, product improvement)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· A degree in engineering
· Advanced knowledge about electrical motors, drives and their interaction
· Domain know how regarding customer applications is advantageous
· Strong customer orientation & result driven
· Passionate & self-motivated
· intercultural experience would be advantageous
· English fluent in spoken and written
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time