Senior Systems Engineer (Electrical Engineer) - Fixed Term Contract, 18 months
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer, with an Electrical bias, to join their dedicated team, delivering large, complex, utilities-based projects.
As the Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the electrical engineering and integration activities are managed through the course of a design and build project life cycle.
You will also be required to ensure a full understanding of the requirement specifications to ensure that design and construction are fully compliant. You will have a strong working knowledge of the client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the engineering delivery process, ensuring that these requirements are incorporated fully.
This role is a location independent role, with travel to various sites mainly in the South of the country, and possibly further afield. We have a brilliant Flexible working policy and working remotely is encouraged where appropriate.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
Change the future with us.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be required to:
- Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
- Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements.
- Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
- Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be produced by the project CAD Engineer.
- Identify, Manage and control change
- Take the Lead Technical role throughout the project delivery.
- Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
- Review the installation throughout the delivery phase to ensure any changes are captured.
- Provide the lead role in ensuring the as built documentation accurately reflects the installation.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated systems.
- Ability to interpret client’s technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
- Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed system design specifications, from initial planning through to system handover.
- Good organisational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan and communicate well with the team, suppliers and customers.
- Comfortable working on construction sites, technically advising site teams.
- Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
- Ability to interpret a performance-based specification, to develop to a working design
- Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel to client sites.
- Experience of high-end security design is an advantage but not essential.
- Experienced in system integration design, or control system design.
- Experienced in working on utilities construction sites (Gas/Electrical) with minimal supervision.
- Networks - CISCO accreditation and/or relevant experience
- Electrical - Qualification in Electrical design or relevant experience
- Experienced with the latest regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems - BS 7671 18th Edition
- Security system technical experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, systems, and service.
It’s exceptionally important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time