Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a p6 Planner to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow. This role will be the main planning lead working on circa £40 million projects over 2-3 years with 5 year frameworks in the pipeline. This role will be responsible for
The role is based in Frimley with frequent travel to site required. As a team we have a brilliant flexible working policy and encourage working remotely when appropriate.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Produce tender stage and contract schedules from client specifications.
- Provide planning and resource scheduling support for Project Managers & Engineering design team.
- Produce schedules to support contract changes and notices.
- Prepare, monitor, co-ordinate and maintain detailed project schedules encompassing design, construction and commissioning.
- Regular liaison with client, project team, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that schedules adhere to contractual requirements.
- Ensure that project schedules are fully monitored and updated during the entire project life cycle (planning through to execution).
- Maintain schedule information to enable accurate records of contract history to be accessed.
- Support the Project Manager in effective scenario and resource planning activities.
- Ensure that head office requirements are fully understood and integrated into the planning functions.
- Identification & implementation of project planning processes & procedures.
- Undertake cause and effect analysis to support claims.
We are looking for super minds, with the following experience:
- Extensive programme management experience within a project based team.
- Good presentation skills and ability to present in a professional manner.
- Experienced user of Primavera (P6).
- HNC/HND/Degree 'or' sufficient relevant experience.
- Experience gained from within the Energy & Utilities or Construction Sectors would be advantageous although experience from other industries will also be considered.
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Enhanced Security Vetting Level 1 Required
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time