Siemens Smart Infrastructure is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries and provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. Siemens Smart Infrastructure creates environments that care.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager Service to join our Regional Solutions and Services business either in Melbourne or Sydney. This is an exciting opportunity to apply data analytics and finance know how to support our strong service organisation in the branches and shape the transition to enhanced digital services with innovative new commercial offerings. We offer a flexible work environment in an engaging and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment and are looking for a highly motivated team player who thrives on challenges and enjoys working in a diverse team.
Core responsibilities of the role will include
• Define and provide transparent and consistent KPIs to measure and drive growth of our service business across multiple service lines and branches;
• Support the National Service Sales Manager and manager of the Advanced Service Centre to develop business cases and financial models for existing and new service offerings and define measures to monitor and improve margin quality across all service activities;
• Define best practice finance and administration processes for service business and collaborate with Branch Service Managers and Commercial Branch Managers during implementation and ongoing monitoring;
• Conduct monthly service meetings and ensure branches achieve their monthly service KPIs through clearly assigned actions; Follow-up on monthly target achievement with Branch Service Managers and Commercial Branch Managers;
• Collaborate with regional Service Management to adopt global financial tools and strategies for Australia and New Zealand;
• Act as local subject matter expert for (financial) service tools and processes and support Commercial Branch Managers and teams with trainings and process know-how;
• Manage all financial controlling aspects of the Advanced Service Centre in Australia (cost centre controlling, utilization and recovery planning and controlling);
• Drive process standardization, optimization and automation measures for service administration activities;
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience in sales and controlling, ideally with experience in resource utilization analysis and reporting
• Strong knowledge of calculation methods and SAP ERP systems
• Experience in digital applications and data analytics (i.e. SAC, Qlik Sense, Tableau, HANA, etc.)
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or related field
• strong capabilities for strategic thinking, analytics, indirect leadership and a strong customer focus, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.