An opportunity exists within our manufacturing team for a New Product Introduction Co-Ordinator to play a key role in our Manufacturing Operations. Working alongside the NPI Project and Engineering managers in the implementation and distribution of new products into Manufacturing Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating New Product Trials through the business. The successful applicant will also continually seek to improve efficiency through the development of best practice and techniques.
What are my responsibilities?
- Receive and interpret product development briefs in collaboration with the NPI Project & Engineering Manager
- Prioritise trials through the production process, co-ordinating with the Production Supervisor, Supply Chain, Sales Planning and Material control, fully documenting status and progress
- Communicate regularly with customers ensuring they are kept up to date with progress and potential timescale slips / potential delays
- Manage and Co-ordinate the critical path to achieve commitment from stakeholders in respect of achieving projects successfully
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key customer contacts
- General project coordination and management of cross-functional projects
- Analyse and understand 3rd Party supplier capabilities
What do I need to qualify for this opportunity?
- HND/Degree or equivalent in a relevant qualification, e.g. Business Studies, Engineering (essential)
- Strong communication and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workloads (essential)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (essential)
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders (essential)
- Commercial awareness with a sense of organisational sensitivity (essential)
- Fluent communications skills, both verbal and written, along with excellent interpersonal skills (essential)
- Strong attention to detail (essential)
- Ability to identify improvements and cost reductions (essential)
- Highly numerate and PC literate (essential)
- Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Excel (essential)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of electronics obsolescence management
- Knowledge of sales, design and engineering processes
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time