Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to build intelligent solutions and flawless places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Region Europe, with around 7’400 colleagues, is responsible for the solution and service business and is market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What are your main responsibilities?
• In your new role you are part of the global team for the development and the realization of DC chargers for eMobility, and you are working within the global DC PLM team to create and adopt our DC charger portfolio
• You will help managing our DC charger portfolio with focus on heavy duty vehicle products which is developed and assembled in Corroios
• Your focus responsibility will be the global control architecture of our DC chargers as well the continuous improvement of OCPP functionalities of our charger families, with OCPP being the standard protocol across our DC and AC portfolio for backend interoperability
• You take responsibility, to manage the DC controller development along the whole PLM process including new functionalities, regional variants; involve stakeholders and take care of budgeting and monitoring of the development projects
• You take care to gather the needed market- and customer requirements and own the product and technology requirement specification
· Defines prioritization of KPIs both at development and operational level.
· Identifies bottlenecks and misconception along the product lifecycle to bring continuous improvement in the products
• You actively seek information about the market & technology developments, participate in standardization & customer meetings, helping Siemens to reach and maintain a market leading position for DC Charging
What do you need to qualify for this job?
• You hold a master degree as electrical engineer, software or industrial engineer
• You have worked for several years in the eMobility business ideally, with charging infrastructure and have a very good understanding of charge controller and embedded software as well as operator backends and OCPP protocol
• Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging standards and software schemes
• You have sufficient knowledge and experience on IoT functionality and embedded electronics, and embedded SW development.
• Ability to work in flexible and highly commercially focused ways to achieve results
• You already have a minimum of 5 year experience within product management
• Able to work with Agile methodology and principles.
• You have worked outside Portugal and traveling internationally is not an obstacle
• Beside Portuguese, your fluent in English having German language understanding would be an advantage
• The ability to present to customers and internal stakeholders is a clear requirement
You will love to have:
Up to 3 days of remote working, flexible schedule, financial suport to build your perfect home office, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Bookboon), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.