Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Provide zone personnel with expertise on Siemens and third party physical security products. Create and provide training and application support for field technicians and specialists. Provides on-site technical troubleshooting support to resolve customer-related issues. Provide extensive technical support for sales activities. Report to the zone integration network engineering manager.
- Interact with project managers/engineering personnel, field specialists and sales managers.
- Diagnose and resolve on-site technical problems and provide management with the appropriate reports.
- Troubleshoot network, software and hosted system failures. Leverage remote connectivity to accelerate problem-solving with technicians and customers.
- Work with other zone technology experts to design and exchange technical solutions.
- Create training content.
- Stay informed of the Siemens product documentation and communicate new developments to field technicians and specialists.
- Maintain technical expertise for all new products and tools through continuing education initiatives.
- Supervise field technicians for all systems and services offered by the company.
- Provide technical and sales support for the company’s latest products.
- Conduct product demonstrations and communicate design strategies to sales managers.
- Facilitate meetings to properly communicate best practices and teamwork.
What will you need to succeed?
- Required secondary school diploma; preferably a diploma in a related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than five years relevant experience.
- Experience with Security products such as SIPASS, Sivideos
- Required computer and networking knowledge/experience. Microsoft/Cisco/VMware certification an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate broad knowledge of the specialization field while applying this knowledge to successfully complete complex mandates.
- Effective application of knowledge regarding complex concepts, practices and procedures in the specialization field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide the zone’s technical and sales personnel with training on the company’s products.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be of legal age to participate in the required driving program and own a valid driver’s licence.
- The work is usually performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and regular distractions.
- The incumbent will be required to spend time on client sites. This may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may involve moderate noise levels and regular distractions.
- The work involves certain physical demands like stretching, climbing, standing and bending.
- Ability to occasionally work long hours when necessary.
- Frequent travel (10% of work hours).
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.