Engineering for Transportation Electrification– Early Career Experience
Get started on an exciting career in the electric mobility market! Siemens eMobility solutions are offering a unique and flexible rotational opportunity. During your first one to two years will include eight – three-month sprints. Sprints are a 90-day impact plan, often a continuation of assignments reporting out at each beginning and end. This pathway is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, curious, and flexible entry level/early career talent.
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Selected talent will work on embedded, cloud connected products, hardware (power electronics), and services, including AI, cloud computing, and digital IOT devices skills.
Opportunity Value and Design
Selected individuals will rotate through different teams, gaining experience in eMobility charging stations & embedded cloud connected products & electric vehicle charging. Expect to rotate within different functional roles that may include design/R&D, solutions engineering, applications engineering, manufacturing engineering and sustainability engineering.
We are looking for a unique profile outside of the traditional mold. A candidate who has thirst for knowledge...always reading, learning, trying. Talent includes early career professionals who are flexible, technical, customer-focused, and can roll with the fluid nature of the field. The employee will welcome change and not be dependent on a fixed structure. Individuals will work with cutting edge technology and products and have a strong gravitation for IoT and AI. We are looking for brains, passion, innovation, and ambition for making an impact.
- AI, IoT software competencies from Linux, embedded programing, and programming languages
- Ability to bridge the physical and digital world
- Early focus on digital competencies and interests
- Curiosity and thirst for this technology as seen in personal hobbies and projects or extracurricular activities, or had classrooms experience with IoT devices
- Technical and business acumen to handle the pace and complexity of IoT products
- Soft and hard skills, including emotional intelligence and a hunger for learning.
- Hands-on product prototype, test, and exploration for product functionality
- Develop minimum viable products (MVP) using lean and agile methodologies
- Ability to work in an ambiguous climate, both the program structure and their role
The Siemens eMobility solutions opportunity exists for talent to develop and lead hand-on experience at a company with over 50,000 employees in the US and over 170 years of experience as a technological pioneer.
You will be exposed to specialized training, digital tools, AI, customer interface, change management, and ability to deploy real time learnings in a work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proven program experience on electrification, IoT, Cloud based applications, or relevant projects experience
- Organized, self-motivated, effective communication skills, problem-solver
- High attention to detail and dedicated to quality and excellence
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Lean / Agile Methodologies
- Technical experience with programs / programming languages, including but not limited to; C, C#, C++, Python, Linux, node.js, ASP.NET, Microsoft Azure, and AWS.
- Ability to relocate between suburbs of Atlanta, GA (Peachtree Corners) and Raleigh, NC (Wendell).
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.