Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create data driven products.
Machine Learning Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming. If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to shape and build efficient data driven machine learning applications.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Basic knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Strong working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, SQL
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or Tensorflow) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Exposure/ experience to tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, GITHUB, Jupyter notebook/Lab.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time