Every building starts at a different point on the sustainability journey – this creates unique sets of efficiency challenges and opportunities. From public entities to global enterprises, Siemens designs and implements building efficiency, security and sustainability improvement programs that are commensurate with the organization’s own constraints and goals.
We currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager (Building Automation & Security) to join our Smart Infrastructure team based in either Sydney or Brisbane offices. As the Engineering Manager your primary responsibility will be to provide Engineering leadership for our Branch technical teams in the BMS and Security sector, as well as fostering strong customer relationships and positioning Siemens as their go to partner.
Key responsibilities include:
* Lead, develop, and motivate a group of dedicated Sales and Solutions Engineers functionally to achieve the targets set.
* Ensure adherence to defined guidelines, processes, and procedures, for the Engineering Team (Sales and Solution Engineers).
* Innovate and drive efficient solutions and processes where improvements to existing processes can be found
* Lead Sales Engineering activities, ensuring cost accuracy in tender responses
* Coordinate Engineering activities performed by a team of professionals and technicians and control execution according to the organizational guidelines.
* Provide suitable work environment and implement people management processes to drive a positive culture.
* Plan and allocate resources and budgets to Engineering projects or activities.
* Ownership and delivery of a portfolio of projects, including stakeholder management, developing and maintaining program of works and coordinating resources for remote and on-site deliverables and activities.
* Act as an ambassador of Siemens: fostering relationships with external stakeholders (customers, partners, potential employees) specifically around engineering and delivery capability with aim to proactively improve industry perception.
* Work with other members of RSS Leadership team to ensure end to end operation of business is frictionless.
The candidate should take ownership of their work and output and be proud of doing a good job. They should be a self-starter that can work autonomously but also work cohesively as part of a team. Seeking solutions to problems independently prior to requesting assistance is a must.
The successful candidate will have experience managing a team of technical project personnel within the Building Technology space. Your strong leadership and communication skills and ability to build sound working relationships will ensure your success in this role as well as your demonstrated experience in the management and delivery of multiple projects. Project Management skills will be highly regarded.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.