Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
This opportunity provides flexibility in location either in Lisbon (Portugal) or Madrid (Spain). Your preferred location will be asked during your application
A project management officer directs a systemic approach to project management in the IT organization. Each IT project manager identifies his products and services to the project management office. They become accountable and responsible for their individual project outcomes while the project management office provides the oversight and support necessary for collaborative project teams to succeed.
The PMO plays an integral role during the initial planning stages for any project. It creates structured schedules and project plans based on the project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to market and budget constraints. By partnering with colleagues in different roles to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments, the PMO is able to identify dependencies and possible issues across teams. During the project run, the PMO will develop and communicate clear and actionable deliverables, or activities to be completed. Each of these activities should have an identified owner, the person who will carry this out, as well as a clear timeline and success criteria.
Daily activities mainly in Lisbon (PT), with virtual team spread worldwide with some need to travel (up to 20% of the time).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide an independent oversight on the probability of successful completion of key projects and programs and produce report to Management
- Enable well informed and fast decision making to ensure success of the projects through setup of an appropriate reporting process
- Convey risks and issues impacting the project manager’s ability to deliver the value their project was chartered for
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Support definition of project scope and requirements.
- Support the preparation and monitoring of project budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor progress
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement projects
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related fields
- Proven work experience as Project Manager, Project Manager Officer, Project Officer or Scrum Master, with 3 up to 7 years of experience
- Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Communication skills, Staffing, Problem Solving, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Written and spoken English on proficient level is a must, additional language like German is a plus
- PMP / Agile certifications are a plus
Curious about our Cybersecurity hubs? The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 digital minds including the Cybersecurity team, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
The CyberHub in Madrid is comprised of a diverse team of security experts who are passionate about their work. They enjoy contributing and collaborating in a fun, flexible environment with space to grow.
#cybersecurity #CTCYS #ITSEC #DigitalMinds #ITMakesUsMove #LxTechHub #LI-DL PCS-PEX-2
Company: Siemens Holding S.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time