From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We are looking for a dedicated and well organised Senior Mechanical Engineer, with a passion for teamwork and delivering new products in a dynamic environment. If you value flexibility around working arrangements, opportunity for career development, and pragmatic support then this role is for you. You may be in a similar role now, have had such a position in the past or you may be ready to step up to senior level.
As part of the Mechanical Engineering Team based at our Belmont office, you will be responsible for design, implementation, prototyping and testing for all mechanical design and development with the Vehicle Measurement group. You will report to the Mechanical Engineering Lead and work alongside a team of multidisciplined engineers. Our work is solution and systems Engineering, working together to design and realise cutting edge product solutions.
• 5 - 10 years of experience in a product design environment, preferably related to production of equipment to withstand railway or mining operational environments
• Ability to generate new design concepts, communicate the principals effectively and evaluate the feasibility prior to detailed design
• Organise and lead collaborative reviews around risk, concept design, detailed design etc
• Experience with the application of mechanical calculations: thermal, vibration, static and/or dynamic stress analysis. From first principles as well as with the use of CAD packages including Inventor or ANSYS.
• Ability and desire to mentor, train and lead Graduate Engineers
• Experience of type testing: shock and vibration, IP, thermal
• Excellent communication skills, able to discuss a wide range of topics with all members of the organisation
• Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
• Working experience with current manufacturing technologies including sheet metal, fabrication and machining
• Exposure to standards and documenting designs to comply with those standards
• Strong project team involvement and understanding of safety, risk, quality, budget and schedule priorities and importance.
• Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Degree
Benefits & Culture at Siemens
• Flexible working arrangements
• Career, professional & personal development
• National & International opportunities
• Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
• Industry leading parental leave package
• Novated Leasing available
• Discounts on Goods & Services
• Siemens Share Options
We fully support a multi-cultural, free and open working environment and welcome all applicants. This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time