An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our operations team within Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure (Electrification), in London.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
The Rail Electrification business supplies electrification and electrification upgrades and renewals as a turnkey business, providing our clients with a single supplier from design through to handover for their electrification schemes. We also operate with other major businesses and clients across the region, as well as in more traditional delivery models.
We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as introducing the Static Var Compensator and Static Frequency Converter, so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology and solutions.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This is a dynamic, customer facing role and you will be the businesses key commercial interface for the southern works portfolio reporting directly to the Head of Commercial and have responsibility to manage and report on a P&L basis from work winning, budgeting, and cost control through to final account over an extensive and varied work bank.
This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business, and within client organisations, to understand and deliver solutions to our customers. These same skills will be deployed internally to lead and develop the commercial team.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Be the businesses key commercial interface for the southern works portfolio reporting directly to the Head of Commercial and senior management team.
- Effective management, control and reporting of the works portfolio on a P&L basis.
- Act as a substitute for the Head of Commercial when required for the southern area
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Support and drive the tendering activity for the commercial function to ensure we always offer a value for money proposition to our clients and other stakeholders.
- Work with our delivery partner for the region to ensure commercial relationships are maintained, leverage repeat orders and margin opportunities.
- Ensure that commercial relationships are maintained with the ultimate client to allow these to be used for non-framework contract award opportunities.
- Work alongside the Head of Projects (South) to diversify our work bank and build a robust and resilient orderbook for future years, engaging new customers and enhancing our reputation with existing ones
- Ensure that contract reporting is carried out in accordance with the Siemens internal requirements and the contractual obligations externally.
- Advise and implement appropriate arrangements and actions to achieve accurate and consistent reporting.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Commercial on risks and opportunities as they arise and develop.
- Interface with the financial function locally and HQ.
- Support all budget and stake holders so they provide consistent and reliable data which supports accurate cost capture and forecasting.
- Be accountable for the establishment, maintaining and monitoring of the commercial reporting process, benchmark the quality of the reporting process with other programmes of work in line with the Siemens requirements.
- Identify and include within the reporting process any changes to the financial position of the contracts within the allocated portfolio.
- Work with the Programme Controls Manager to ensure alignment between programme controls and commercial.
- Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Advise on the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Provide mentoring and commercial leadership to the team.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works.
- Experience in the management of successful commercial teams working across multiple contracts.
- A work winning attitude is required which should involve lateral thinking for meeting the client’s needs and the business KPI’s
- Good communications skills both up and down the business structure, verbal and written.
- Commercially aware and financially astute.
- Understand cost control indicators.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements and philosophy construction contracts.
- The ability to manage your own and the team’s tasks through to conclusion.
- Adept at developing team members to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
- Suitable proficiency in general IT packages.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time