Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Software Development Engineer to join our ICVS, DVT R&D team in Cairo, Egypt.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements. You will also be participate in reviews and/or inspections of designs, specifications, and code.Main Responsibilities
- Communicating with internal/abroad developers to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, and discuss details of implementation.
- Participating in project planning and tracking, task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation. Keeping project lead informed of project status and risks.
- Working on complex software applications, understand and develop features, and fix bugs without breaking existing functionality.
- Adding basic coverage for implemented features, run software test suite and investigate failures.
- Following software process during software development cycle, and deliver code with high quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum grade of Very Good.
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms.
- Can demonstrate strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming and software engineering skills.
- Strong ability to learn, explore and innovate with new technologies.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set and work consistently towards personal goals in a dynamic environment.
- Previous Experience working on large sized software development projects.
- Efficient on developing high performance/capacity system.
- Very Good knowledge of code optimization to achieve better performance and memory.
- Good understanding of Cache/Memory efficiency, Thread-safe, Parallel programming.
- Efficient with developing/optimizing software for high-performance computation/analysis.
- Knowledge of digital design and/or HDL languages (E.g. Verilog, System-Verilog, VHDL, or SystemC).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like PERL, Python).
- Experience working with geographically distributed development team.
We are looking for both Fresh Graduates and Experienced Engineers, so if you are knowledgeable, passionate and willing to learn, send us your CV! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time