What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Claims Manager is responsible to independently and proactively oversee and advocate Siemens’ interests in construction and solution project changes and disputes including but not limited to claims for additional compensation, delay damages, and defective workmanship.
- Monitor large / complex change orders and claims for key projects. Contributes on a regular basis to claim issues strategies and best practices including formal and informal training of project teams.
- Review and advocate new claims on designated projects for reporting and establishment of an effective plan of action.
- Administer processes to promote early identification of potential disputes.
- Undertake early review and assessment of potential disputed matters.
- Engage, advise and coordinate among internal groups to optimize project outcomes.
- Ensure timely follow up of key issues.
- Attend and facilitate customer meetings, claim reviews and vendor visits to ensure an efficient and favorable resolution to open claims.
- Manages RFI and customer request that may result in changes or claims.
- Documents and organizes all changes and claims in accordance to the contract.
- Review change and claim status and plan of action and consider effect on Siemens costs. Monitor changes and claims and total incurred costs using project management systems.
- Keep all parties informed of the status of the claim strategy, negotiations, and any impending issues.
- May play a role in the business development effort, including participating in new business meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, business administration, law, or other related field
- Claims management experience specific to the construction industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Expertise in contract and government procurement law
- Familiarity with commercial litigation
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.