Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Design Engineer to join our Rail Infrastructure, CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS we deliver cutting edge network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signalling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is for a Senior Network Design Engineer and Team Leader, capable of technically leading and defining operational telecommunication designs and solution for various railway projects. We deliver data networks for station systems (CCTV, Voice, passenger information), SCADA systems and backbone communications/transmission networks. The role will involve delivering proposals and designs based on customer requirements. The job holder will provide team leadership to a team of network architects and entry level talents contributing to their career development and progression. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms specialists and delivery partners and collaborate with the systems engineering group, the project delivery teams and research and development team, and management team to interpret and influence the delivery strategy, based on the needs of these stakeholders.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Development of data network solution proposals for bids to secure business opportunities.
- Production or approval of IP based data network designs including architectural diagrams, description documents, low level network design, IP Addressing/Subnetting design and configuration
- Production or approval of network security architecture and designs.
- Managing customer requirement and production of system requirements and proposals
- Development of bid and proposal including pricing and presentation of the solution to managers and customer.
- Presenting the network design architecture to the project and the customer.
- Development of associated test specifications
- Support for onsite build and test
- Support for integration and system testing
- Provide leadership, technical support and mentorship to team members.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- Palpable experience in design and implementation of data networks for industrial systems and mission critical applications
- Proven experience of producing formally documented network designs
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle
- Demonstrable experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Cisco certified, or at working level, to CCNP or above with extensive applicable experience.
- Chartered engineer
- IRSE License
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Software Defined Networking, virtualisation, data centre, network automation
- Experience in at least one of the following security services: next generation firewalls, SIEM, Threat Intelligent, IAM.
- Experience in UK railway operational telecoms design, standards and delivery processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of railway systems: SCADA, Signalling, Radio, M&E, Station Information and Security Systems, electronic security.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time