Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to fulfill key leadership role as Product Engineering Manager for our Global US operation located at our DFW Airport (Irving, Texas) location. The Siemens Logistics Product Engineering Manager will reside in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and report directly to the Vice President of Parcel Sales and Execution. The ideal candidate will have a strong fundamental engineering background within the automation industry and have proven leadership skills to drive high quality product development and design professionals to unlock growth and achievement within the business. This role plans, manages, and oversees the Product Engineering Organization.
The Product Engineering Manager leads their team to deliver Best in Class products to support the Parcel Vertical and champions proper change management processes within a multi-disciplined, high performance engineering organization. This role provides leadership aimed at driving high engineering performance and effectiveness while delivering reduced engineering costs. The Product Engineering team also is responsible for adapting products developed within our European Business unit for use in the US / North American markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performance management, coaching and development, department cost center budget controls, establishing best practices / processes, and driving continuous improvement.
- Recognized as a leader by peers and management in the accomplishment of complex projects such as product development and redesign efforts, design reviews, process development and improvement, all while managing scope, schedule and cost requirements to obtain optimum effectiveness and customer satisfaction for our parcel products.
- Demonstrates leadership and responsiveness toward customer satisfaction and improved delivery of services.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and the ability to be a change agent / driver of our Ownership culture.
- Interprets high level targets and metrics into terms of department and individual deliverables.
- Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
- Partners with other departments / teams within the Parcel Vertical to support overall BU outcomes
-- Looked to for both technical and organizational coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with all other colleagues.
- Recognized as leader in problem solving, both technical and organizational.
- Strong presenter at customer or group meetings.
- Coordinates customer communications on projects (investigations, implementations, field dispositions).
- Effectively leads efforts that represent high priority issues or opportunities to the company.
- Effective in communicating pertinent information to upper and international management succinctly and accurately.
- Has high level of respect and cooperation among managers and key players/managers in interface groups including other worldwide Siemens Logistics engineering groups in Germany and Singapore.
- Establishes, maintains and adjusts engineering budgets.
- Generates estimates of personnel loading for department.
- Consistently identifies opportunities for improvement, both organizationally and technically.
- Effectively champions and enacts others' innovations where beneficial to the company.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering preferred with proven experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience including experience in management of mechanical, electrical, controls, software and systems engineering.
- Experience in defining and improving engineering processes.
- Experience with design engineering and product lifecycle management tools such as Autocad / Autocad Electrical, 3-D Design tools (NX / Solidworks / Inventor), Teamcenter etc.
- Proven track record of managing and controlling Product Development / R&D projects on time and within budget.
- Ownership attitude when interfacing and coordinating with other business functions such as SCM, PLM, and Sales.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.