The main objective of this position is to work as a liaison throughout the order process from order-entry to production. The engineer will work closely with the remote R&D team to ensure manufacturability of the product and support production during prototype builds, customer-specific builds, and design change implementation. This involves creating a documentation package for customer orders and production which includes a mechanical BOM, a full 3D rendering, and necessary installation instructions. The engineer is responsible for ensuring that the result of each charger design is in accordance with the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand customer requirements that have impact on the mechanical configuration of the charging solution and confirm that the requirements listed by the R&D team and the Customer are included in the agreed scope of supply
- Work cross-functionally across various Siemens groups to implement new designs and orders (R&D, procurement, project management, PLM, manufacturing, inspection, shipping & receiving)
- Review the pre-determined configuration generated during the approval and pre-engineering stages of the project to identify which additional mechanical configurations are needed for the project
- Work closely with vendors to ensure designs are cost-effective and meet manufacturability requirements and provide engineering disposition for any non-conforming incoming parts.
- Generate “Design to Order” tasks for the team to develop the mechanical configurations that are needed for the project, but missing from the existing design library
- Execute the assigned “Design to Order” tasks. This will include the development of new 3D mechanical designs required for a respective project
- Conduct a handover with manufacturing to review each new design
- Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues and supervise manufacturing builds of prototypes.
- Maintain the standard mechanical BOM of each product
- Complete the assigned “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include updates and corrections of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Manage the list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project. Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality, and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Provide support and feedback as needed to the Siemens EMOB R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (prefer Mechanical).
- 3 years’ experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies in 3D software (Teamcenter, Solidworks, Creo, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
- 1 year Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- 1 year experience working with “Bill of Materials”.
- Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products Industry and/or Electrical Vehicle Charger Industry with fundamental understanding of industry standards
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Less than 10% travel required
Considered a plus but not required:
- A Master’s Degree is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in mechanical or power systems.
- Experience in design and development of Electric Vehicle solutions
- Experience in manufacturing or quality
- Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
- Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.