From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Document Controller to join our Mobility team based in Bowen Hills office in Brisbane. ACONEX knowledge and experience is a must.
The aim of the Document Controller is to provide project document management ensuring compliance during project execution and delivery. The project document controller independently executes the project documentation management for national and international projects to ensure effective document management practices are understood and carried out systematically, fulfilling required tasks on time and on budget.
Areas of responsibility:
• Responsible for the organisational support of the project team in all matters concerning project documentation and correspondence.
• Where several DCs are appointed for the project for different areas / at different sites (e.g., Offshore and Onshore DCs), the areas of responsibility will be divided between the different sites by project management in coordination with the DCs.
• Setting up the project environment in the EDMS (authority of responsibility, folder structure, roles and rights, storage/classification criteria) in cooperation with the SME and PM;
• Creating and maintaining the project-specific document management plan (DM plan);
• Coordinating the document list (includes customer documents and internal project documents) with the Project Manager, the core team and, where applicable, the customer;
• Creating and maintaining the document list
• Supporting the controlling of document creation on schedule in cooperation with the scheduler
• Clarification of interfaces and customer requirements regarding document management
• Management and distribution of all controlled documents and all formal correspondence ensuring consistency and traceability for all parties;
• Delivering the contractually agreed customer documents (submittals) to external parties (e.g. customer, adviser, supplier) and/or to an intermediary local office. This also includes the entire correspondence relating to documents for these interfaces so as managing, distributing and documenting feedback, responses and incoming documents (from suppliers, installation site, customers or other third parties);
• Ensures correct versioning and revisioning by suitable methods including assignment of document numbers (placeholders) for all project deliverables externally and internally;
• Maintains awareness of governing factors such as naming and numbering standards, and directives;
• Quality checks documents on formal aspects to meet project specifications
• Coordinates the translation of documents (translation management)
In coordination with project management, the following additional tasks:
• Conduct a document management kick-off workshop for all project members
• Training project employees on the DM process and the use of tools (e.g.: ClearCase, Aconex, SharePoint, TeamBinder),
• Maintain and administrator the project documentation in the agreed database/EDMS
• Providing inputs into the preparation, delivery and exchange of documents for the completion of project phases on schedule throughout the term of the project (set up document reviews and release document when finalised)
• Record/register formal correspondence for customer documents, disseminate to relevant project members
• Monitoring document status and correspondence scheduled dates (review comments, customer approvals) for submitted customer documents
• Clarifies and defines DM requirements in accordance with the contract / customer / consultant / onshore and offshore project team (templates, review and release procedures and workflows, submission procedures, translation procedures)
• Supporting project management in improving documentation management in the project
• Participating in project meetings, discussions with the customer and, where applicable, customer visits
• Supporting the archiving of project documentation in the EDM system
• Assist the project team with project administrative tasks such as preparing commissioning drawing packages, booking travel and accommodation.
• Able to work with different teams, sometimes situated in other offices or countries
• University degree (or comparable proven work experience) in library science or related areas.
• Experience in document management and document management systems or content management systems software is preferred.
• Must have experience conducting meetings and presentations.
• AS9001 Quality Systems Knowledge certification an advantage
• Advanced proven hands-on knowledge of ACONEX
• Strong working knowledge of a range of EDM and Engineering Management systems such as TeamBinder, ProjectWise, SAP PLM, ClearCase, Sharepoint etc.
• Advanced computer skills including Adobe, Word, Excel, and Intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of version and revision control and clear understanding of document lifecycles.
• Preferable a good understanding of technical and engineering terminology with clear understanding of project phases
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.