Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 170 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas such as intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.05 billion and had 38,500 employees worldwide. For the Siemens Mobility Commercial team in Melbourne, we are looking for a Business Administration Professional for the Australian business.
An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated commercial professional to apply their strong commercial project delivery knowledge on a major rail project for Siemens Mobility in Australia. The Junior Project Controller to join our Mobility Team will be based in our Melbourne office in Docklands, VIC. The primary responsibility will be the Commercial Administration and support of a large rail systems project including the holistic reporting of all project KPI’s and providing commercial calculations for internal and external purposes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• You will perform financial analysis, planning and controlling activities, and all related business administration activities (incl. P&L reporting and Balance Sheet).
• You will actively communicate with all internal (e.g. Project Manager, Procurement, Engineering) and external stakeholders (e.g. customer's commercial representatives) and manage solving of commercial issues.
• You will monitor Actual vs. Plan comparisons and recommend actions to management.
• You will provide monthly business reports and comments, checks for accuracy and completeness, with respect to overall business performance.
• You will prepare monthly customer claims including all relevant documentation and perform forecasting activities for cashflow forecast.
• You will consolidate budgets, including top-down and bottom-up plans, and assist with midterm and periodic forecasts during the year.
• You will support management, provide advice, and propose measures regarding Finance / Business Administration.
• You will ensure the accuracy of project reporting, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP – in compliance with Siemens-FRG, local GAAP requirements and business administration policies, standards, and procedures.
The successful candidate demonstrates following experience & skills:
• Degree qualified in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Economics, with sound understanding of Project Management methodologies.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of finance/business experience. Experience in rail or related industries is preferred. Experience in project environment is required.
• You have a strong desire to learn and grow into future roles combined with strong organization skills. You should be quality-focused, self-initiative, flexible and result-driven.
• SAP and Excel skills are required, further knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI will be of advantage.
• Good leadership and communication skills, ability to build sound working relationships.
• We trust that you will contribute to improvements in processes and working practices while always keeping in mind the target of making our customers’ lives easier.
• You will also have full working rights in Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.