***Challenging times require flexibility and adaptability. Therefore, Siemens Mobility Portugal has created a “New Normal Working Model”. This gives you the flexibility to work from the safety of your own home while you can still count on full office support.
To carry more flexibility on to the times after the pandemic, we will offer a flexible working model that allows you to work partly from home and from the office, giving you more freedom to balance your private and professional life.***
Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business segment Intermodal Solutions (IMS) creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions. Our apps have been downloaded more than 200 million times overall.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is setting up a new Software Development Center in Aveiro targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
Senior Django Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Within the Riders team (multidisciplinary team composed of operational research engineers, backend, mobile and web frontend developers) you will take part in the development of tools made available to riders and drivers of on-demand transportation:
- Reservation web interface for passengers and call centers
- Android/iOS booking app for users;
- Driver app to follow the itinerary designed by the system and to serve the users reservations;
In collaboration with the lead dev and the whole team, your mission will consist in:
- Develop new features on our projects in Django;
- Guarantee the stability of the solution by writing unit tests;
- Contribute to code reviews;
- Monitor technical debt and help limit its impact;
- Take part in the transmission of knowledge by writing technical documentation;
- Solve problems reported by our internal teams as part of the technical support;
- Be a source of ideas to solve our operational needs;
- Django / Rest Framework;
- Intégration continue avec Drone CI;
The ideal profile:
- Graduate of an engineering school or specialized in computer science, with significant professional experience in backend development;
- French and professional English;
Your most valuable assets:
- A significant experience with the Django framework;
- A good knowledge of REST architecture, familiar with Django Rest Framework;
- Git, Git and more Git;
- Used to team working and code reviews;
- Rigorous and sensitive to the quality of the code, writing unit tests;
What we like about you is:
- Your sensitivity to the user experience;
- An experience with a front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue.js);
- Your love of knowledge and your desire to transmit it to others;
- Your involvement in the project and your strength of proposal;
- Your comfort with Postgres or other SQL databases.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please send us your application in English and we will get back to you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time