Vehicle Dynamics Researcher Model based solutions for vehicle dynamics test and simulation applications
We are looking for a researcher to join the Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team in Leuven, Belgium. You will carry out research studies as defined in different project tasks of a vehicle dynamics-oriented research project, under the supervision of the RTD manager.
Concretely, your work will aim at the integration of vehicle models in the testing process, to develop advanced response and input estimation for objective performance assessments. This requires the definition of parameter/model identification approaches, with a specific focus on non-linear behavior of suspension components. Usage of both physical and black-box models will be considered.
Company backgroundThe Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) segment of Siemens PLM Software is responsible for the Simcenter portfolio.This portfolio includes a complete suite for test-based engineering, an integrated 3D simulation and analysis platform and a multi-disciplinary system performance simulation platform, complemented by Simcenter Engineering Services.Engineering Services supports customers throughout the product development cycle with its unique combination of engineering skills, development experience and process know-how, for key performance attributes of the vehicle, such as noise and vibration, ride and handling, durability, etc. The Engineering Services RTD team develops methodologies and applications to answer future customer needs of the Engineering Services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute project tasks and research studies in scope of a vehicle dynamics research project
- Interact and cooperate with project team members within the organization
- Coaching of students within the scope of assignments agreed with the RTD manager
- Contribute to and write scientific papers based on the research results
- Present research results at scientific conferences and technical project meetings
- An MSc degree or higher in mechanical/mechatronic/controls engineering
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in vehicle dynamics
- Experience in state estimation for automotive applications
- Experience with scientific computing and high-level programming languages as Matlab/Python
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Motivated to work in a result-oriented way and is capable of working independently within the team.
Considered as an additional advantage:
- Experience with SISW test or simulation software
- Experience with vehicle dynamic testing or simulation
- Adequate proficiency in spoken and written Dutch in light of communication with national funding agencies (IWT);
- Ph.D. in a relevant area of expertise;
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time