We have an exciting opportunity within Siemens Mobility Limited for a People Project Manager for our new Manufacturing Facility in Goole. You will be responsible for the mobilisation and implementation of the HR / People plan for Manufacturing in Goole. If you have Project Manager experience with working on people topics, or are someone with HR and projects experience, this could be the role for you.
You will work with expert teams, such as GMM, TA, learning and Education & Skills and working closely with the General Manager of the Goole Manufacturing Facility on the concepts such as reward framework for the factory along with managing the resourcing plan alongside the Talent Acquisition team.
This exciting opportunity will be based at the Goole Manufacturing Facility. But our focus with the 'new normal' is working where you're most productive to allow 2-3 days mobile working per week to suit. The role will also have a requirement for travel to different sites (Euston, Northampton (NTAR) and even overseas (e.g., Austria) for approx. 20% of the time.
This role is fixed term for 3 years.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are responsible for leading, driving and connecting the Goole people planning activities providing project management to the People workstream, working closely with the RS/CS HRBP, Talent Acquisition and Skills and Education Team. At times you may also be responsible for stepping in to fill people related activities where there are resource challenges
- You will create, own and be responsible for the delivery on the Goole Skills Strategy (including CSR/ED&I) working closely with the SMO Skills and Education Team and ensuring aligned to the wider SMO STEM/Skills strategy
- You will attend and represent Siemens Mobility at external meetings to support the skills strategy i.e. Goole 36 Skills Steering Group
- You will support the Education & Skills team as and when required with topics relating to transfer of training within the competency management framework. The overall responsibility for the delivery of technical training, upskilling & re-skilling and developing and delivering education programmes, together with managing competences within the CMS sits with the E&S team.
- You will support the Talent Acquisition team to create the recruitment strategy for Goole, ensuring meets the needs of the business/project. The overall responsibility for this strategy sits within Talent Acquisition
- You will support the RS/CS HRBP in the creation and delivery on all HR topics ensuring meets the needs of the business/project. The overall responsibility for the delivery on the HR topics sits with the RS/CS HRBP
- As the Goole People Lead, you will be responsible for attending internal stakeholder/project meetings and feeding back to the required stakeholders on updates and requirements.
- You ensure robust project planning of HR activities and/or strategic initiatives according to defined timeline(s)
- You are responsible for the development of project plans, monitoring budget, ensuring maximum return/utilisation on the government grant, resource allocation management, monitoring progress, reporting, management of risk, issue and action logs.
- You build, maintain and facilitate cooperation between involved stakeholders and key sponsors based on project objectives
- You monitor adherence to agreed budgets, and takes actions in case of deviations
- You proactively identify solutions to meet business objectives, taking into account the implications of change on the project and all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a university degree in a business or economics related field with focus on HR, an MBA is preferred
- You have project / program management experience with demonstrable delivery on commitments
- Strong analytical skills and reporting experience
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- You have broad generalist HR knowledge (concepts, systems, tools, processes)
- Ideal candidate will have experience in managing mid-size, complex projects, HR transformation or cross functional HR projects
Attributes and Skills:
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- Your strong communication, organization and relationship building skills allow you to interface with all levels of the organization, while your specific strength lies in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- You pay strong attention to detail and have outstanding analytical skills which make it easy for you to identify and resolve complex issues
- You have the ability to challenge and create/propose innovative ideas
- Strong leadership skills help you to manage resources and drive results. Also, you assume leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances while having a solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgement
- You are experienced in recognising, addressing and driving changes with understanding of cultural impact
- You are able to travel as required (approx. 20%)
- RS/CS HRBP/ TA/Skills and Education Team
- Head of UK Localisation
- General Manager of Goole rail facility
- RS Manufacturing in Vienna
- Wider internal Goole Project Team/ Commercial
- External community groups/ schools/Government/Councils etc
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time