Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting for a Project Engineer for Control and Protection, to help us find solutions consolidating and enhancing the Nation’s electricity network for a smarter and brighter future tomorrow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Siemens Digital Grid business, join our development program, and within 3-5 years be a Project Manager! You must have the right mindset, committed to learn and consequently propel your career.
You will learn in safe hands. With our extensive experienced multi-cultural resource pool, Siemens is equipped with solutions for every challenge industries are facing and successfully delivered many complex projects to the full satisfaction of our customers. In recognition of our determination and commitment towards the safe and successful delivery of our Projects, plus demonstrating our focus on leading positive relationships with our customers and subcontract partners, the Energy Automation division of Siemens plc, UK has been ranked National Grid’s No.1 Contractor.
Based at Hebburn, near Newcastle, the successful candidate will be in a Project Engineer (PE) role and Report into the Project Manager. The PE will Project Manage a portfolio of smaller Projects which they are classified by the business to undertake. They will interface with the customers to ensure customer satisfaction, manage the programme and address any commercial issues. Internally a key aspect of their role is that they will be a ‘leader’ of the Project to ensure the business maintains robust forecasts and ultimately delivers on its financial targets. To meet these objectives, together with the rest of the Project Team, the Project Manager with the Project Engineer will establish, implement and maintain the project delivery strategy.
Siemens Digital Grid have recently secured a position on the National Grid 5 Year Light Current Framework, resiliently providing robust systems with the latest Siemens technology on new National Grid substations and extending the existing infrastructure. A safer and lower carbon project delivery footprint will be adopted.
Siemens latest portfolio of protection and control devices ensure future sustainability for T&D network, modernising digital initiatives including process bus, digital twin, and cyber security for the future.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future Thinker? Read on
- Executing the project / work package within the defined requirements (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
- Set in place work packages for the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design and specifications.
- Liaison with the Technical Lead Engineer
- Liaison with the assigned Procurement Officer on all subcontractor & supplier packages
- Responsible for the management of subcontractors/suppliers packages through delivery up to handover in accordance with the project programme.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical, procurement and quality information is made available for factory acceptance tests to take place. Where necessary attending equipment acceptance tests.
- Completing supplier / subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement & Quality Depts.
- Ensuring all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer as soon as possible.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement information for QA Plans providing procurement information and
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages for internal and external reporting.
- Liaison with site personnel and commissioning engineers on the allocated work package.
- Acts as the Engineers Representative on subcontract / supplier packages.
- Ensuring business success and satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
We are looking for super minds, with the following:
· Formal qualifications to a minimum of HND/HNC level in Electrical Engineering, with Degree level more desirable.
- An awareness of Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
- An awareness of Substation Primary & Secondary Systems.
- An awareness of purchasing procedures and some exposure to negotiating skills.
- An awareness of Commercial / Contractual issues
- An awareness of current H&S legislation. CDM Regulations.
- An awareness of Environmental Regulations.
- An awareness of Risk Management processes.
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, systems, and service.
It’s exceptionally important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time