Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Product Environmental Protection Specialist to join our team.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
This role is home based, you can work remotely from anywhere in the UK.
To help Siemens Healthineers achieve its ambitious environmental protection and sustainability goals while ensuring market access through regulatory compliance, we are offering an innovative and technical candidate the chance to join the Product Environmental Protection Team at Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics. The team is responsible for product-relevant regulatory compliance topics as well as continuous improvement of a diverse in-vitro diagnostic portfolio. The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of global environmental regulations, particularly in regard to chemical regulation, with an ability to effectively communicate and guide the business to translate complex requirements into business processes. Having a good vision at seeing opportunities and bringing them to fruition, therefore a strong strategic and operational background is desirable.
- Monitoring, analysis and communication to the business for relevant legislation
- Maintain strong links with relevant Trade Associations, to ensure that Siemens Healthineers (SHS) and Laboratory Diagnostics (LD) is a well-established and strongly represented member company
- Work with SHS Government Affairs team to develop and execute political advocacy programmes
- Coordinate LD product-related EHS regulatory standard research and updates
- Update LD EHS Management Team and other business leadership teams as required to ensure the business stays ahead of any product-related EHS standards and/or new legal requirements
- Participate in and support the SHS PREP community, managing PREP processes within LD for new product development and for design change projects
- · Guide the integration of SHS PREP requirements into LD business processes and procedures
- Support tender requests/RFPs with PREP/product stewardship information on LD products
- Manage and monitor subscriptions and regulatory communication services for global regulatory updates
Skills & Experience:
You will have a strong knowledge of global environmental regulations, particularly in regard to chemical regulation as an essential part of this role. Additionally, an ability to communicate effectively and guide the business to translate requirements into effective business processes. Having a good vision at seeing opportunities and bringing them to fruition, therefore a strong strategic and operational background is desirable.
You will have a bachelor's degree in environment, health or safety related areas and significant experience in the field. Strong ability to demonstrate expertise and experience in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive plant and product operational experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of self-starting creativity and latitude is expected.
Experience of working with the European Union Directives and regulations is essential
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time