EPS - Distributed Energy Systems - Project Manager
Energy and Performance Services (EPS) is part of the SI RSS organization which leads execution of projects related to energy efficiency and setting up distributed energy systems (DES) across North America. The project manager would be required to lead the execution of contracts involving the entirety of the business segment through application of the PM@Siemens process and principles, ensuring the achievement of revenues, EBIT and customer happiness targets. You will be responsible for the management of the team as well as for the direct personal handling of the customer for such projects.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the detailed conditions to develop both personally and deftly
- Management of a project/projects full time with the execution team, with the aim of assuring targets of sales, and customer happiness by leading projects within the time, budget and quality frame;
- Overall planning of the project including: Project overview, Contract structure, Detailed planning of the work packages, Resource planning, Scheduling, Project documentation, Project organization and Interface management
- Reports directly to the EPS Implementation manager.
- Set up efficient work flows/ processes for project controlling and reporting, which permit at any time an up-to-date overview of the project status
- Analyze and monitor continuously the plan fulfilment with regards to technical and commercial aspects
- Identify early deviations in project, identify problems causes and sustainably lead them
- Monitor cash-flow planning and activate appropriated critical issue procedures
- Assess and document project status
- Inform on a regular basis customer, management, project team and additional interested parties (Stakeholders) of the project status
- Identify further business possibilities from ongoing project/ from business environment and identify the respectively significant customer decision-makers
- Develop strategies to continue and/ or reinforce engagements to the customer
- Ensure strong proposal and contract management on the project. Evaluating impacts of changed requirements/ delivery items with regard to: costs, project plan etc.
- Carry out risks assessment of project influencing factors and own the identified risks
- Negotiate and document changes of requirements and extension of time as appropriate
- Ensure strong customer and partner relations. Collection actively opinions as well as suggestions from the customer and the additional interested parties (Partner) and develop/ facilitate/ support an open, professional relation to the customer and to additional partners
- Lead subcontractor engagements and relationships
- Handle the Project completion/ close out and the acceptance of delivery units and services incl. validation and verification and prioritize the finalized handover to the customer and involved parties
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- At least 7 years of project execution or relevant construction experience.
- The ability to deal with different cultures at different demographic areas.
- Experience negotiating writing, managing subcontracts
- Solid understanding of construction law including Prevailing wage, Davis Bacon and Lien/ bonds.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Applicant must be willing to travel as required for West/Southwest assignments but Must reside in California.
Candidate to secure PMP or Siemens equivalent within 1 year and Global Certification within 18 months
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- General knowledge of distributed energy systems such as solar, battery inverters and LV switchgears
- General knowledge of configuration of various electrical solutions to set up a microgrid
- Basic understanding of building automation and HVAC’s
- Lighting systems
- Building infrastructure and other systems
- Experience of handling projects with civil activities as part of the project scope
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.