Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are seeking a junior IT professional who can assist with routine IT tasks in a combined Windows and Linux environment. Position to be based in Austin, Texas but will also support Siemens employees in Columbia, South Carolina. May require occasional travel.
- Support corporate Windows users with common day-to-day problems and questions
- Participate in ITIL Incident Management
- Troubleshoot common TCP/IP networking problems
- Assist in maintaining the DSC's production environment, as well as the SEM/NBM production environment
- Set up and administer both Windows and Linux servers
- Produce specifications for new or upgraded computer systems
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Windows desktop and server administration, maintenance and support
- Entry level skills with SQL
- Good analytic skills
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Basics of TCP/IP networking
- 5% Travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Experience with Active Directory
- Linux command line and administrative tasks, including bash scripting
- Experience with Docker, Ansible and Consul
- VMWare administration
- Beginner skills with Java
- MySQL, MSSQL or Cassandra administration
- Web hosting with Apache Tomcat, NGiNX
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.