On a regular basis, you will be directly interacting with and supporting our customer to:
- control, organize, and distribute quality documentation for sub-supplied parts
- conduct QA joint inspection activities to ensure efficient and effective delivery and material hand-over to our onsite customer
- initiate communication with and complete tasks to support the entire supply chain to manage, track, and mitigate quality issues
- partner with the onsite team to resolve issues and will work, and take direction from the Quality Manager in Project and delegated supporting roles, as needed
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Conducting daily receipt of material, and ensure it is complete and in good order
- Ensure that all systems (QMS, Sharepoint, and ERP) have the required test and quality reports
- Coordination of receiving dock and receiving inspection
- Coordinate daily delivery of material to our customer with all required paperwork and reports
- Respond to customer requests for review of material and documentation
- Initiate nonconforming material review, focused on timely supplier coordination, shipments, and closure
- Coordinate and communicate remotely with supporting supply chain management, project management, and material review team
- Provide up-to-date status in various systems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-2-5 years of inspection, technical support, or related industry experience
-Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills
-Comfortable with direct customer interaction and independently representing the company
-Ability to interpret engineering/ technical drawings
-Working knowledge of measurement equipment, with the ability to perform inspections independently
-Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Shared drives / websites, and PDF applications
-Demonstrates strengths in being detail-oriented, a focus on organization, and maintaining accurate records
-Possess an affinity for process-oriented, procedural activities
-Flexible attitude toward work scope: explicitly-defined tasks vs. proactive/self driven initiatives
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Previous experience in
-warehousing and inspection processes
-responsibilities within ERP systems (i.e. SAP) or Quality Management Systems
-managing or interacting with suppliers
-performing roles that are traditionally out-of-scope
-managing individual tasks with minimal oversight
-coordinating other activities described above in “Responsibilities”
Bachelor or Associates Degree in relevant or transferrable field
Inspector/Inspection-related Accreditations: ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT), Certified Quality Inspector (CQI), Certified Improvement Associate (CIA)
Proficient in SAP ERP.
Proficient MS Excel and other MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.