Siemens Smart Infrastructure is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanisation and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries, and provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognise individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Project Manager to join our Smart Infrastructure Regional Solution & Service team in either Sydney or Brisbane. As a Commercial Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for commercial aspects related to customer contracts during project execution, encompassing performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure quality of all commercial and administrative project policies per Siemens guidelines
• Together with the Project Manager, establish the project’s financial performance plan based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope. Manage the financial plan through financial planning, forecasting, controlling, and reconciliation of project cash flow
• Monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, like export control, signature authorities
• Implement and drive measures together with the Project Manager to leverage opportunities to improve project performance. Support the Project Manager to ensure project quality based on Siemens guidelines and achievement of project goals.
• Support the Project Manager in the timely issuing of invoices with a strong focus on managing account receivables and project cash flow
• Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, provisions) to achieve contract commitments
• Actively communicate with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues
• Influence the team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience in commercial project management with an understanding of project controlling, accounting/finance, contract and subcontract management
• Strong knowledge of SAP ERP Systems
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
• Experience in working on project teams supporting multiple projects and project managers
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally between departments
• Proactive and results oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize dynamic work activities
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.