We are currently looking for German and English speaker for a position of Logistics Specialist with focus on global customs in import and freight clearing operations to join our team of Regional Service Tower in Smart Infrastructure Division (B2B model). The main mission of this role is to ensure the best-in-class customs conformity and freight clearing. The successful candidate should have the knowledge of supply chain management und understanding of customs and transport procedures.
What are my responsibilities?
• Check import deliveries of duty unpaid goods for conformity according to customs documents and instructions (e.g. number of packages, customs seal)
• Coordinate clarifications with experts for non-conformity
• Create conformity reports for incoming goods and provide them to IT for internal processes
• Prepare and ensure duty-free re-import out of EU countries in cooperation with experts in the relevant organizational unit, e.g. define customs-compliant encryption according to specifications
• Prepare customs declarations for tax return with focus on financial factor and submit to next levels of approval
• Monitor imported goods with reference to restrictions and other trade policy measures
• Provide the data and documents required for the import and check them for plausibility Obtain the missing data from internal and external business partners and follow customs deadlines
• Determine relevant data through queries like goods number, functional purpose, value. In case of deviations clarify with internal and external partners and ensure the decision-making according to the segregation of duties.
• Continuous improvement for quality of clarifications with obtaining know-how and support from subject matter experts
• Calculate customs duties on request in the assigned tools
•Carry out more complex customs procedures with a significant financial impact on the business like free of charge deliveries and returned goods
• Freight Clearing – tariff check of incoming invoices for transport – inbound and outbound
• Approval of transport costs
•Claim management to forwarders in case of costs discrepancies
•Close cooperation with various internal departments and external business partners (globally).
What do I need to qualify for this job?
•Good written and verbal communication in German and English (min. B2),
•Proven min. 1-year-experience as a Customs or Transportation Specialist or similar role
•Knowledge in supply chain management
• University degree;
• Knowledge of the SAP system will be a plus
• Ability to work under the time pressure
• Analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
•Attention to quality and details;
•Ability to work in a team;
•Good communication skills in a global context;
•Open-mindedness and constructive attitude to performed tasks.
- Remote work from Poland;
- Employment in an international organization who is a world leader in its sector and has a stable market position;
- A chance for professional development;
- Work in an international environment, where English is the main language of communication;
Additional (paid) holidays;
Office location – far from "Mordor", with quick and convenient public transport (10-minutes walk from Warszawa Wschodnia train station), near Soho Factory and Neon Museum or working remotly;
- Competitive salary and social benefits such as:
- private medical care
- life insurance
- sports card
- subsidized meals
- …and a lot more!
How do I apply?
Please apply be means of the "Apply" button and send us your CV in English.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time