This exciting role offers an opportunity to provide project management innovation within Siemens.
Working as part of a close-knit team the Project Manager will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding retrofit design projects. The Project Manager will work within the on-board train fitment design team and the Senior Project Manager to ensure the design requirements on the projects are correctly captured and delivered and provide support to the wider project reporting work-streams. The Project Manager will also work with the various Centres of Competence, technology teams and subject matter experts across the wider Siemens business to develop solutions that meet these needs.
The Project Manager role is a key role within the project environment, with involvement in a wide range of project activities throughout the whole project life-cycle. This role provides the opportunity to travel both in the UK and overseas, ensuring an international flavour to your knowledge base and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry.
What are my responsibilities?
- Will take a lead role in liaison with and the project management of third-party design companies to ensure projects are progressed to an agreed programme and technical issues are addressed
- Will produce programme updates and monthly reports to both internal and external groups
- Will be required to initiate and facilitate industry wide design reviews and briefings
- Will work closely with the engineering team members in the UK and Germany, project groups, the lines of business and heads of technology throughout Siemens, to ensure that the project design solutions meet our customers’ needs now, and in the future
- Will take a lead role in the wider stakeholder management associated with large industry projects
- Provide key input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals
- A key player within the project organisation
Measures of success
- Ease of mobilisation
- Key member of the project team
- Effective project delivery
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Proven experience of this type of role within the rail industry (essential)
- Experience of project managing external installation design companies in a railway environment (essential)
- An appreciation of implementing retrofit design solutions for systems such as ETCS, CBTC, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, DAS etc (essential)
- Experience of leading/participating in programme reviews with both the supply chain and the customer (essential)
- Experience of working with design teams to establish work programmes and tracking progress (essential)
- Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required (essential)
- Review project management data for completeness and consistency (essential)
- Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle (essential)
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company (essential)
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out (essential)
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards (essential)
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers (essential)
- Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives (essential)
- Highly motivated, dependable and self-reliant (essential)
- Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems
- Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time