Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing high-tech organization with access to all Siemens solutions, and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team focused on microelectronics and Siemens EDA solutions. Siemens EDA (formerly Mentor Graphics) is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software and hardware design solutions that help engineers around the world create new and innovative products. Each year, our customers use our technologies and tools to push their design and development boundaries to deliver smaller, faster, and more reliable products.
Support the use of integrated circuit (IC) functional verification Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software technologies in the design and verification of complex ASIC & FPGA designs for the most advanced military and aerospace companies. This position brings a highly technical role to SGT’s team and will be based in the continental United States.
As a Functional Verification Application Engineer, you will be part of a team comprising of an account management team and will contribute to increase the deployment and adoption of Siemens EDA Functional Verification software products within North America customers, and develop new customers. You will be enabling some of our most important customers to be successful with their ASIC/FPGA designs. This position requires a strong confidence in Functional Verification and UVM methods using advanced verification software products.
Your focus will primarily be the domestic aerospace and defense market including DoD, DoE, and US Government organizations.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
BSEE or BSCS, or equivalent; MSEE preferred
7+ years of experience in a design engineering role focusing on functional verification and/or emulation
7+ years of ASIC/FPGA verification experience using SystemVerilog / UVM
Must have experience in:
SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA)
Coverage-driven verification methodology from planning through closure
Developing verification plans
Object oriented programming languages and concepts
Designing and implementing SystemVerilog / UVM test benches for constrained-random verification
Developing functional coverage models
Writing and debugging directed and random test cases
Migrating designs into hardware emulation
Enabling testbenches for hardware acceleration
- Experience with automation/scripting (Perl sed, awk, tcl/tk, sh) -C programming desirable. SystemC and C++ used in conjunction with chip design and verification highly desired
- Expert in coding with Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog, UVM, PSL/SVA is mandatory
- Good presentation and communication skills is essential
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Prior leadership roles or experience is essential
- RTL design experience is a plus
- FPGA experience is a plus
- Hardware emulation experience is a plus
The Functional Verification Applications Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership for all Siemens EDA Functional Verification software products, technologies, and solutions, contribute toward, and execute, pre/post sales strategies established by the account team
- Discovering, Qualifying and Executing functional verification opportunities
- Articulating customer’s technical requirements and influencing product engineering to shape product direction
- Developing technical presentations, conducting demonstrations, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Effectively communicating how the solutions will solve customer’s problems
- Building and maintaining ongoing positive relationships with customers
- Working collaboratively with team members to ensure mutual success
- Deliver consulting services covering a broad range of functional verification and emulation activities
- Responsible for leading and executing consulting programs and working with customers to implement and deploy advanced verification methodologies
- Help customers leverage the full capability of Siemens EDA and other brand tools and technologies
- Travel will be involved mainly within the US
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and have an active DoD security clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.