Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We're looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Managed Services IT Infrastructure team as our IS Infrastructure Project Specialist who will have responsibility for planning and delivery of the infrastructure components of new projects and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will work with stakeholders to plan the scope and implement all Infrastructure requirements for new projects and releases, and upgrades.
These requirements will include hosting and storage (both on-prem and Cloud), networking, DBA, and Unix. The stakeholders will consist of non-IT Business representatives across the bid to production lifecycle and project managers, BAs, Testing Teams, and Development Teams.
With our fantastic remote working policy, a location across the UK is flexible, with the view to be in our Nottingham office when needed.
It's incredibly important that our people enjoy working here, and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training are important to many, and that's why we have an encouraging environment that invests in our employee's development, whether that's Chartership, training, or mentoring.
Change the future with us.
Working within the IT Infrastructure team, this role will carry responsibility for planning and delivering the infrastructure components of new projects. Success will be defined by the successful planning, scoping, and implementation of all aspects of IT Infrastructure for the deployment of projects into the production environment.
- Working with the Architecture Team to support design, scoping, sizing, options, and technical Infrastructure requirements.
- Assess technical feasibility of the functional requirements - ensuring the overall solution is feasible in terms of software, hardware, security, and environmental aspects
- Provide accurate timescales for infrastructure delivery/resolution based on technical assessment and the documentation provided
- Develop infrastructure solutions that meet the specified functional requirements
- Design, document, act as a technical lead for operational acceptance and successful implementation of Infrastructure and systems
- Ensure that all relevant activities are maintained by the Siemens MAS Change and Release processes
- Working with bid teams on requirements and design, Development Teams to support Development, Test teams to advise on any testing issues, and Third Parties
- Planning and executing Infrastructure build
- Lead root cause analysis and resolution for infrastructure project issue
- Close liaison with Project Managers on the delivery of Infrastructure requirements for projects
- Working with Service Management on the successful delivery of infrastructure projects through the Service Introduction Process
We don't need superheroes, just super minds.
We are looking for someone who enjoys Infrastructure, network design-build, and implementation, with excellent troubleshooting ability both within expertise areas and outside i.e. ability to research for potential solutions outside area of technical expertise.
Knowledge of Domain Administration, Windows, Checkpoint & Cisco networking, including DNS, Active Directory, Firewalls, load balancers, and the Core infrastructure in AWS, Azure, and Oracle Cloud.
Ideally, a background in Project Management disciplines in a Prince2 context for both Waterfall and Agile.
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time