Assists in the organization and maintenance of office supplies/files. Schedules resources such as people, meetings, appointments, rooms, and equipment; answers telephone calls, takes messages, responds to questions, and directs callers to appropriate parties, as necessary; sorts and distributes mail, fax, make copies, files. Drafts and edits routine memos and other correspondence. Assists with the preparation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets and other documents. Assists in maintaining database information.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Under direct supervision, provides general administrative/secretarial support to a department or group of professionals. Exercises limited discretion and independent judgment to respond appropriately to administrative needs. Requires some use of business vocabulary and a general knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures and personnel.
- Prepares and types drafts, articles, reports, proposals, charts, and a variety of routine correspondence using appropriate PC-based software packages for word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications. Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate and consistent format and corrects punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence, following established procedures with limited management review. Compiles basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, and tables as necessary.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, furnishes information when possible, and conveys messages to appropriate personnel; place calls, receive visitors, and arrange appointments. Receives and distributes incoming mail, assembles correspondence for mailing, receive and transmits material using fax machine and collating and assembling documents.
- Monitors inventory levels of office and departmental supplies, initiate purchase orders as necessary to maintain proper inventory or meet department office supply needs. Maintains various department record(s) in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Schedules conferences, meetings and appointments; notifies attendees and makes necessary arrangements. Arranges and confirms travel reservations selecting an economical and time efficient mode of transportation and lodging. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Assist with processing purchase orders and vendor set ups through Supply Chain Management Systems.
- Assist support team with additional projects and tasks, (Fleet Management, Customer Set Up.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of secretarial and administrative experience.
- Great PC skills required for report generation, presentations and general correspondence.
- Requires the ability to exercise normal independent judgment and basic reasoning skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Great Team Player
- Office 365
- Great Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.