As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Protection Engineer to join our Smart Infrastructure team. Based in our North Ryde (NSW) offices, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Detailed design and commissioning of circuits for substation protection, control, communication, instrumentation, and alarm schemes at voltages up to and including 500kV.
• Protection configuration of Siemens protection relays (Siprotec 4, Siprotec 5, Reyrolle relays) and other third-party protection relays
• Configuration of communication protocols, IEC61850, DNP3, etc
• Writing Specifications and Philosophy documents of projects to satisfy customer requirements.
• Knowledge of Australian and IEC standards
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (eligible for membership of Engineers Australia as MIEAust). CPEng and RPEQ will be highly regarded.
• Experience in HV and EHV substation engineering design and testing
• Experience with Siemens and other third-party relay configuration tools like DIGSI 5
• Willingness to travel for work and work at remote client sites as required
• Being self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative with strong communication skills
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of the Siemens ownership culture, Siemens genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time