As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for a System Engineer - Substation Automation and Control to join our Smart Infrastructure team. Based in our North Ryde (NSW) offices, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential.
Your main responsibilities and requirements will include:
• Good knowledge of Substation Automation Products, knowledge of Siemens products (SICAM A8000 RTU, SICAM 230 SCADA, SICAM PAS)
• Substation control parameterization using Siemens’ software; Digsi 4/5, Toolbox II, SICAM SCC and third-party control software
• Good knowledge of programming languages (Toolbox, C, CFC etc)
• Advanced knowledge of substation network topology design; Ring/Star with redundancy protocol RSTP, eRSTP & PRP etc
• Practical knowledge of large 61850 network design, Human-Machine Interface / SCADA Parameterization including implementation of Substation Automation Cyber Security
• Practical knowledge of configuration of communication protocols, IEC61850, DNP3, etc
• Be on site to lead/participate in FAT and/or SAT and/or commissioning as required by the project
• Writing Specifications and Philosophy documents of projects to satisfy customer requirements.
• Knowledge of Australian and IEC standards
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent (eligible for membership of Engineers Australia as MIEAust). CPEng and RPEQ will be highly regarded.
• Experience in HV and EHV substation engineering design and testing
• Experience with Siemens and other third-party relay configuration tools
• Willingness to travel for work and work at remote client sites as required
• Being self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative with strong communication skills
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time