Portfolio Development is a key part of our corporate go-to-market strategy and a new position is now available for an EMEA Portfolio Development Executive for System Simulation.
Engineering companies increasingly need to predict the real-world performance of their products using simulation tools that capture all of the physics that influence product efficiency and performance including those that cross the boundaries of traditional engineering disciplines. To improve your product, you need to be able to predict how performance changes in response to multiple parametric design changes.
Specifically, Simcenter has a leading set of multi-physics solutions for System Simulation allowing simulation of the functional behavior of products operating in real-world conditions. These tools include for example Simcenter Amesim & Simcenter Flomaster helps companies to innovate by driving automation, design exploration, and optimization. The Simcenter 1D System Simulation solution provides key synergies with other elements of the Simcenter portfolio for combined 1D/3D/Fluid simulation, Model-based testing, etc. It’s also a key enabler for frontloading of controls validation and development of executable digital twins xDTs.
As a Portfolio Development Executive, you would be expected to have a commercial background and experience of working in engineering software simulation, with a strong system simulation knowledge. You would lead the EMEA go-to-market strategy with a goal to maximize revenues from this Siemens Portfolio, working closely with country organizations on developing regional plans and driving sales pursuits and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts.
- Advocate and drive the development of the portfolio through the identification of a clear target market and go to market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiatives to leverage and maximize software opportunities.
- Identify and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts
- Analyze competitor portfolio to establish differentiation for portfolio across markets.
- Identify key opportunities for the Zone, defining the industry, geography, and target accounts
- Work with sales orchestrators to build strategic plans for identified customers and opportunities in the target market to deliver the go-to-market strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor to Sales, Business Development, and Presales teams by providing direct engagement with customer, as part of the sales pursuit team, for key must-win accounts
- Establish clear market positions for the portfolio, understanding what problems we are solving, and the business value delivered to customers in order to build a compelling sales message
- Work with Global L&D to design & deliver targeted enablement activities to direct/indirect team
- Ensure that the Global roadmap of campaigns/initiatives/services are widely understood and supported as they relate to this portfolio domain.
- Help Channel Management to target and enable partners to support incremental portfolio growth opportunities as appropriate
- Mentor the direct/indirect field sales and presales teams on-demand generation and pursuits.
- Establish and track measurable goals for monitoring portfolio growth
- Provide feedback to the campaign owners as appropriate on content/lessons learned.
- Support Customer and Analyst marketing events across the Zone;
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Science or Engineering or similar - Essential;
- Engineering Software Experience - Desirable
- Experience in a sales-quota carrying, customer-facing sales, or business development function related to CFD.
- Proven track record to deliver on revenue targets
- Able to understand, articulate, position and present the value of Engineering Software solutions in the context of an Industry, and client business
- Experience with CXO level discussions, and specifically with the CFO and/or CTO
- Knowledgeable of the competitive landscape
- Experience of working in Industry with System Simulation software
- Experience of developing and supporting indirect sales channel
Competences and Personal Attributes
- A good communicator with sales knowledge, business development experience and excellent presentation skills
- Proactive and energetic with a high degree of self-motivation to develop and grow this Portfolio
- Able to travel to EMEA countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in a EMEA role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working;
- · Able to speak more than one major European Language
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time