Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly growing and constantly innovating Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving the most challenging and demanding problems of the new decade? Are you interested in working across a range of areas from application engineering support and management, verification and validation of complex semiconductor ICs, system testing, and beyond? If so, Siemens EDA could be the place for you!
With a long-term history of success, innovation and customer awards, Siemens EDA is the world's largest provider of Digital Software to the semiconductor industry. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. We have a unique company culture that values ethical action in all of our endeavours. Integrity is a critical component of who we are and what we do. We also value truthful communication. We strive to build trusting relationships with our employees, customers, and partners which have a positive influence in creating winning results. Recognition for individual and team achievement at Siemens EDA is regularly awarded. We never forget that it's the hard work and dedication of our people that wins our company recognition with our customers and within our industry. Working for Siemens EDA is working for the leader in its class. Our employees are self-motivated and have come to expect competent leadership from our managers and executives.
This Applications Engineer (AE) position delivers technical expertise for Static & Formal Verification of digital designs (ASIC, IP & FPGA) based on Siemens EDA DVT products and services. It provides support for both pre-sales and post-sales assessment of customer needs as well as quick implementation/execution of the solution. You'll work on cutting edge technology working side by side with our customers in close collaboration with R&D and marketing in a cross-functional, interdependent environment. This is an ideal position for candidates who like to interact with and influence others, possess strong design and/or verification background, requiring both in depth knowledge of HDL and HVL, as well as strong scripting skills for writing test programs and tooling to meet customer needs
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a team work culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Applications Engineer (m/f/d)” in Munich, Germany or any other location within Germany.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Provide technical leadership in the sales and support of a wide range of static & formal based verification technologies for our leading-edge customers
- Integrate Design Solutions (Lint/CDC/RDC), and other Formal based Applications products (at the block/chip/system level) and ensures expected behaviour in customer's environments
- Perform assessments of customer environments and requirements, providing expertise on topics such as: Static & Formal Verification planning, RTL development using Assertion methodologies, Functional verification and modelling of digital designs, failure analysis and resolution, coverage analysis, RTL/Gate-simulations, regression debug and other flow/infrastructure development and testing
- Accountable for the uncovering, scoping, and technical validity of the solutions to achieve the customer's design and verification objectives
- Keeps other technical peers informed of new and emerging technologies, share best practices and information in the Static & Formal Verification trends
- Become a trusted advisor to customer's business & technical pain point and eventually earns the trust to influence customer's decision process and business objectives
- Articulate customer’s technical needs and requirements to product engineering, influence and shape product direction
- Deliver ongoing customer training classes and consulting related to advance Static & Formal verification topics, as well as assist in driving the adoption of these into customer design and verification process, participate in developing technical white papers, attend local and regional technical seminars and technology conferences to educate and promote DVT solutions and network with attendees
Travel: Approximately 25% travel to various customer sites across central Europe (dependant on government & company travel guidelines)
Your qualifications - meaningful and adequate
- BS in electrical, computer or electronics engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline with several years of digital RTL design/verification or related experience
- MS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline with several years of digital RTL design/verification or related experience
- Strong background with HDLs (e.g. Verilog, VHDL) design & verification using both dynamic and static techniques.
- Strong knowledge and skill with design of complex logic, clocking circuits and methods, multiple clock & reset domains, crossing, jitter, issues related with domain crossing, past experience with using CDC & RDC tools (Questa CDC/RDC, Spyglass) and timing closure tools (PrimeTime) and use of SDC (Synthesis Design Constraints)
- Experience with coding and application of SVA Properties and Simulation of complex SoC/FPGA environments, makefile creation, use of scripting (shell, Python, Perl, C/C++)
- Knowledge of Assertion Based Verification (e.g. OVL, SVA, PSL), Formal methodologies (e.g. Property creation & checking, Bounded proofs, Bug hunting, Debugging)
- Strong trouble shooting, triage and debugging skills
- Deep knowledge of semiconductor IC industry – ASIC, SoC, FPGA, Memory, Interconnect, CPU architectures, embedded systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, team environment
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Prior leadership roles or experiences
Additional Skills Preferred (but not required):
- Prior Applications Engineering experience is a plus
- Experience with using Questa platform tools
- Knowledgeable in Verification methodologies such as UVM, OVM, eRM, VMM
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Verification IP protocols e.g. AMBA, USB, ETHERNET, PCIE, DDR, HBM, other
- Knowledge and experience in emerging technologies – AI, ML, 5G, Automotive, IoT, Networking and Functional Safety (FuSa)
- Real Number Modelling (RNM) design, simulation and measurement experience
- Hardware Emulation and FPGA prototyping methodology
What more do I need to know?
Siemens EDA is one of the top tier suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation industry and part of Siemens DI. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time