With advances of driving assistance and autonomous driving technologies, perception of vehicle perfomance by drivers are evolving, with a particular attention to vehicle dynamics and NVH.
The Simcenter Engineering & Consulting team of Siemens Digital Industry Software has an immediate need for an engineer with competences in vehicle Performance testing (with strong focus on vehicle dynamics), ideally combined with ADAS (Advanced Drive Assistance Systems) aquisition & validation experience.
The position is located in Chengdu (China) and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork.
The successful candidate must be willing to locate to Chengdu and has special interest and application know-how in the automotive industry.
In his line of duty the candidate will be responsible to execute both simple and complex projects off-site and be present at customer's premises on regular basis.
Besides the obvious technical skills required, effective team-work, good communication, personal sense of ownership, creativity and willingness to learn will be seen as valuable assets for this job.
PreREQUISITES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ideally 3+ years of demonstrated industry experience AD/ADAS data aquisition and digital validation and vehicle dynamics testing
- Master's Degree in Robotics, Electrical, or Electro-Machanical Engineering degree
- Expertise in installation of new sensing and logging equipment in test vehicles for evaluation, data collection and post processing of performances
- Expertise in vehicle performance evaluation (R&H, NVH), ideally with active systems and/or autonomous vehicles
- Should be familiar with automotive communication standards and their measurement
- Knowhow and technical experience on ADAS sensors (cameras, ultrasonic sensors, RADARs, LiDAR)
- Knowhow on regulatory requirements applicable for ADAS and Vehicle dynamics
- Ability to co-ordinate and collaborate with simulation experts enabling Support & validation of actual test data with digital evaluations
- Ability to interpret aquisition and simulation results, estimate technical quality and take corrective actions, if any
- Driving skills including manual shifting
- Willingness to travel and perform on-site work at customers
- Fluency in spoken and written Chinese and English languages (necessary to transfer information and report/interact with global team/customers)
- Ability to effectively communicate to a large spectrum of engineering disciplines as well as non-technical stake-holders
- Good presentation and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables
- Ability to analyze processes and help make improvements based on knowledge to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
Additional technical requirements (optional skills)
- Experience in bench testing (driver confort)
- Understanding of vehicle development process
- Knowledge of Ethernet (e.g. UDP, TCP/IP, etc.) and CAN communication with ability to solve basic network issues
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time